Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Running the Shell

As a class we were teaching an Ultimate Frisbee unit. The task that I was given to try to execute to the best of my knowledge was the "shell". The shell was a confusing task to grasp. I knew that teaching this to the class was not going to be an easy task. The one positive outlook I had was that I was not nervous or at least no where as near as nervous as I was in the past. This was good because I could really focus on the task that I was trying to teach. After listening to the MP3 of myself after this teaching experience I realized that I was sounding a lot more confident. My voice was not cracking as much. I started to really believe that I could do this and that it was not something I should be getting nervous over, especially if this is what i want to do for the rest of my life. Something I noticed that I needed work on is how I directed my feedback back to my peers. For example, I said things like "Good job Freddie", which was not really directed to the task I was teaching. This experience is what pulled me in, it was the day where I felt like I found my calling. Overall I had fun doing this!!!

No comments: