Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Best Sport In the World!!

As soon as we were told that we could choose a game or sport of our choice but it had to be from a different country than ours, I immediately thought of Table Tennis for my lesson. I have a had a lot experience with Table Tennis so I felt like I was already ahead of the curb. The challenge for us was that we were teaching are lesson down in the racquet ball courts. So I wasn't exactly sure how it would play out. I was worried that we would not have enough room. I had all the equipment I needed, so that was fine. This was also the first lesson plan that I had ever really attempted. I was nervous that I would not have enough tasks. I was wrong about that one. During the lesson I felt everything went rather well. I focused more on the feedback, more importantly what type of feedback I should have been giving. Even though I was giving feedback I still needed to give more back. The hardest thing about this lesson for me was I feel like I had so much more to show. So it's frustrating to know that you have so much knowledge to give in a certain area but you need to show patience when starting out with a new game. During this lesson, I tried to make sure the students kept active throughout.

No comments: